Monday, December 03, 2007

Random Thoughts.....

It's funny how much noise a chocolate wrapper can actually make. Faces start looking up each time I try to break a piece of chocolate....and food isn't even allowed here!

It's raining heavily outside. It's amusing watching the odd person running across, trying not to get wet.... what I'm forgetting is that soon I'll have to do the same! But here, in the warmth of the library, looking out of the window, the rain looks pretty. The sound of it banging on the roof gives a sort of cosy feeling. Everything seems peaceful; something which has become rare lately.

The pain in my jaw seems to be getting worse. But I'm gonna ignore it. I'm not gonna give up and go home....So I'm sat here trying to pass time, alone. I don't wanna be around people. People make me angry. My excuse is that I'm ill, but who understands that? Instead, I've decided to stay away from 'em all.....before I say something and then regret it for the rest of my life.

It's nice to be alone sometimes. You don't get those deja vu conversations on marriage and how one 'em doesn't wanna marry her cousin back home or how the other's parents disagree with her choice of spouse. Yes I care about my friends, but talking about the same thing again and again and again doesn't get you anywhere.

I'm gonna go and pray Zuhr now, in a little mosque I discovered a week ago. I can't believe I didn't know of its existance before! It's a beautiful little Arab mosque, just a few streets away.... much better than the prayer room at uni! And Arab women are sooo cool! Unlike the typical Asian women, they're so loving....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha that all sounds so familiar!