Saturday, March 29, 2008

Building Up The Grime

Today at work, as I was repairing a mangled pair of glasses, I overheard the conversation of a colleague and a not-so-happy-patient in the pre-testing area:

Colleague:
(Stating the oh-so-famous phrase) ...So if you can put your chin on the chin-rest, and head right against that bar please...

Patient:
Has this been cleaned?

Colleague:
Sorry?!

Patient:
This chin-rest...has it been cleaned?

Colleague:
Um, errr...I can't guarantee that it has...um...

(Of course it hadn't been cleaned...at uni we can actually lose marks in an exam for not cleaning the machines before a patient...but in the real world everyone forgets!)

Patient:
well I'd like it cleaned....please.

Colleague walks past me, makes a what-a-cow face, and goes into the toilets. Seconds later she returns with a roll of toilet paper(!).... I try very hard not to laugh...
Patient is obviously not impressed...

Patient:
For a nationally recognised company you should really take more care with hygiene.

Colleague:
Um...yeh...
**********************

The manager is now ordering alcohol wipes.....so you can all sleep easy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's unbelievable! On the dental clinic if you even think abou doing something as heinous as scratching your nose with your gloved hand, a coven of nurses descend on you and make you change them! I though opticianalists (yes, technical term) would be the same. I side with the patient!

(Plus I like the smell of the alcohol wipes... hehe)

The Funky Photon said...

We now have alcohol wipes at work! Wooo!...

That's enough excitement...lol

I totally agree too...it's disgusting putting your face on summat that's been covered with umpteen people's make up!

(why did I reply over a month later?.... I'm a busy woman o.k! :D )