Thursday, October 12, 2006

Can't drive!!!

I sit in the car and I get the feeling it doesn't like me. I always adjust the left mirror first, and then turn to sort out the right. I turn back to double check the left mirror and its moved out of place..... all by its self!

After numerous attempts, I give up with the mirrors..... They'll just have to do! So I put my foot on the clutch and press it down. Now according to my instructor it's supposed to make a sort of "clunk" sound.... And it does when she presses it down. But does it do it when I try? Nope! ( and according to my instructor i'm damaging the thing if I don't make it go "clunk" .... and it costs £300 to replace the dam thing!..whatever!)

Anyway... I find the biting point, put down the handbreak and set off.... and then approach a roundabout! Well, other than nearly being hit by another car, it didn't go too badly.... and I got round it.

It's near the end of my lesson, and I'm about to join a major road. The guy in the car infront of me is also going to do the same. He isn't a learner, and probably isn't a new driver (no "L" plates on his car!)... So I patiently wait for him to turn... and I wait a bit longer....I look at the clock and 5 minutes have passed.... and then another 5 and we're still on the same spot.... a car beeps from behind.... and then a few more minutes pass and he finally turns! I move forward and turn into the road in about 10 seconds.... now that made me feel better!

No comments: