Saturday, October 21, 2006

I'm trying to get back into the habit of studying properly. By properly I mean actually reading a book and making notes, not just staring at the pages and yawning. But I take sooo much time doing everything. A year ago I could have read (and understood) a whole chapter in about 30 mins.... and now it's just taken me the whole morning! Man, that 4-month-long holiday has done nothing but made me lazy!

~*~*~*~*~*~
I thought i'd clean my room today; something I haven't done for months. My room's state was getting so bad that furtinure was starting to form out of the stacks of paper I was meant to recycle a gazillion years ago. Like under my desk, a foot stool had formed from A- level practice exam papers. And my shiny, expensive (very expensive), brand new books were lying on the floor, because the shelves were filled with useless things like baby books (well I had to fill the shelves with something otherwise my room would have looked like an empty warehouse).
I started getting rid of all the pointless things that were taking up space in my room. I put the baby books in a box and placed them in the "store room thing" downstairs. They can live in there until I find them a new home. Anyway, while I was there I found a box full of old photographs. Theres pics of us when were all ickle kids and some from holidays we've been to and lots of random ones. I found a little album of pics from my middle school. I was flicking through it when I came across one particular photo. There was a girl on it that looked like a younger version of a girl at uni. After a bit of wondering down memory lane, I realised that they both have the same name...so must be the same person. But I never thought that this could be her! I remember the girl at uni telling me that she used to live in the same city as me, and even went to the same middle school for a year. But I thought I had never seen her before. Well from what I can remember, she used to be a dopey tom-boy... but now she's a proper girl and..er..well not dopey :D. I have to tell her on Monday! (tell her that I knew her, not that she's not dopey anymore! hehe!).
But I find that so weird. Meeting someone from the past. Someone you had completely forgotten and thought that you'd never ever see again. It makes the world seem so small....

No comments: